YOGYAKARTA - DAY 3
Day 3.
Started the day off with a trip to the Sultan's Palace and Water Castle. These 2 places were quite near to each other, maybe like 10mins drive away. Both places serves the same purpose, which is to showcase the home/place of hangout of the Sultan(s) and his family. For more info, please google. HAHAH.
Again, i am quite useless in remembering anything that is related to history. Sorreh!. Below are some of the pictures taken around Sultan's Palace.
At the entrance of Sultan Palace
This is the entertainment area. On top is the Gamelan (musical instrument)
Sri (my tour guide) with my 2 friends, Deavi & Asilah
Clock in Javanese.
What it looks like inside.
I would say that Sultan Palace is a really interesting place. There's like a showcase of the belongings of the Sultan's family, gifts from other countries, pictures of the family tree of the Sultan(s) and more.
Pit stop
After spending like an hour plus, we headed off to the next place.
A short pit-stop before heading to Water Castle.
Walked through a small alley, heading towards a particular house.
Here we are, a place where wayang kulit puppets were made.
We were shown how they actually carved the puppets.
Such detailed work. I can never achieve an artwork like this, depending on the fact that I have zero patience. haha. I'll probably chuck the hammer (see pic below) somewhere, and make some toast, after 10 mins or so. haha
There were different kinds of puppets, different colors, shapes and sizes.
After spending like half an hour in here, we decided to buy their hand-made bookmark with wayang kulit puppet carved on it, just to support the work that they are doing. :)
Next up.
Taman Sari Water Castle
Is the site of the former royal garden of the Sultanate of Yogyakarta.
Entrance
The weather was so scorchingly hot, I almost wanted to jump into the water.
Had some coconut water, which was heavenly refreshing.
Because the 3 of us are quite useless, our guide helped us to scrape off the coconut off the sides so that we can enjoy them. Thank you!
Hundreds of pictures with the same old pose. We have no creativity at all. haha
You can totally see how uninterested I am with posing for pictures, because of the very hot weather.
haha.
Lunch was at a fancy local place.
When we got there, nobody else was there.
So, it was kind of awesome to have the whole place to ourselves.
There was a long stretch of food. Buffet food, and desserts.
On top of that, we have live traditional music played for us when we were eating.
Stumbled upon this hut, with really beautiful carvings on the wall.
Picturing you, picturing me :)
Street Music.
Next up.
Pine Forest!!
Without a doubt, one of my favourite place so far.
Just because it's Nature.
How can anybody not enjoy this sight.
Trees and more trees. I'm in love.
Entrance
Pine Trees.
Feeling feeling model.
For those who wants a magnificent view of the landscape, can climb up.
Pretty Flowers.
After some time taking pictures and enjoying the place, we headed off to Kebun Buah, which was not every far. Again, the view there was just amazing and breath taking.
On the way to our next location.
Parantritis Beach.
Very beautiful beach with lots of activities going on.
Asilah and I chose to ride on a horse and enjoy the trotting of the horse along the beach.
Felt amazingg.
I love you horsey! I hope your owner treats you well yea!
Managed to catch a glimpse of the sunset.
The colors of the sky is just beyond beautiful.
I dont know how many times I used the words beautiful.
haha, sorry my vocab is limited.
Ended our day well with Parangtritis Beach!
I left my heart there. Hope I can come and visit you again!
After that, we went shopping for awhile at a shopping mall.
Then we headed off back to the hotel to rest.
What a fruitful day it has been!
:)
Sri's cute motor.
Thanks for ride around the hotel! hehe.
Comments
Post a Comment